SHOCK! TOWIE star Kirk Norcross comes close to death after fire breaks out at dad Mick's home
Kirk Norcross had to be treated by paramedics after a blaze broke out at his 48-year-old dad Mick's Essex home while he was asleep.
The reality TV star is now recovering after the incident, which reportedly started because a pile of towels were stacked too close to a light.
'Dramas!!!! Got woke up to my dads house on fire! Tried my best to put it out #MyLungsAreFucked thanks mr fireman for saving my life! X,' Tweeted Kirk, 24.
Essex County Fire And Rescue Service confirmed the fire occurred in the bathroom of the plush home in Bulphan, near Thurrock.
'The man had inhaled some smoke and was given oxygen therapy by firefighters and was then checked over by ambulance crews,' assistant divisional officer Tony Clark tells the Daily Mirror.
'By the time we left the scene he seemed to be OK.'