Facts all about:
Name Cheryl Cole
Birth name Cheryl Ann Tweedy
Birthay 30 June 1983
Star sign Cancer
Birthplace Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Marriages Ashley Cole, July 2006 - September 2010. Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini, July 2014 - present
From talent show winner to global superstar, Cheryl Cole (née Tweedy) came to fame as one fifth of pop icons Girls Aloud.
Cheryl was born in Newcastle to mum Joan Callaghan and dad Garry in 1983.
Earmarked from an early age as a star of the future, Cheryl won everything from children's modelling competitions to a place at London's Royal Ballet School.
While working as a waitress aged 19, she auditioned for ITV talent show Popstars: The Rivals. She beat off thousands of hopefuls to make it into Girls Aloud, along with Sarah Harding, Nadine Coyle, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts.
Despite clinching the 2002 Christmas No 1 spot with debut single Sound Of The Underground, Cheryl's joy was short-lived. She was involved in an altercation with a nightclub toilet attendant in January 2003 and was found guilty of assault.
Cheryl and professional footballer Ashley Cole tied the knot in a lavish wedding in July 2006 but were dogged by reports of Ashley's infidelity in 2008.
Their marriage did not last. After further allegations about Ashley's behaviour, the couple divorced in 2010.
Cheryl was signed up as a judge on The X Factor in 2008, quickly becoming the nation's sweetheart. Her look was copied by women up and down the country and she became the face of L'Oreal.
After joining US X Factor with Simon Cowell in 2011, Cheryl was sacked.
Cheryl parted ways with Girls Aloud after their Ten: The Hits Tour in 2013. However, she'd started building up her successful solo career years before travelling around the UK with the band for the last time.
In 2014, Cheryl returned to the UK version of The X Factor.
Cheryl's re-hiring wasn't the only time she hit the headlines in 2014. She married French businessman Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini after a whirlwind three-month romance that July.
Read full bio
Cheryl Cole news
Wow, Jean-Bernard! Cheryl Cole stuns in sexy figure-hugging white dress at Radio 1 Teen Awards in London
- VIDEO! Cheryl Cole and Ashley Cole on The Apprentice: Remember this?
- Step aside Cheryl Cole! Is Louis Walsh an X Factor fat-ist too?
- Lucky Jean-Bernard! Cheryl Cole wows in sexy leather trousers out in London
- X FACTOR SCANDAL! Chanelle Hayes: Shame on you, Cheryl Cole. You are a fat-ist!
Cheryl Cole pictures
Celebrity Spy 12 - 14 March 2014
Celebrity Spy 22 - 24 February 2014
The Chim love story: Cheryl Cole and Kimberley Walsh's friendship in pictures
Cheryl Cole's tattoo history: From her old ink to new designs
Now's fun celebrity Christmas quiz 2012
Cheryl Cole teams sexy military-style jumpsuit with hot red lips for Jingle Bell Ball 2012 in London
Cheryl Cole wears sexy leather trousers to Girls Aloud comeback press conference in London
Celebrity Spy 6 - 9 October 2012
Cheryl Cole videos
- Why is Cheryl Cole being so nasty to X Factor hopefuls? watch me
- OMG! Look at Cheryl Cole's changing face! watch me
- Here goes! Cheryl Cole ready to get 'back to business' on The X Factor 2014 watch me
- VIDEO OMG! Cheryl Cole's back on The X Factor with Simon Cowell watch me
- IT'S OFFICIAL! Cheryl Cole: I'm back on The X Factor - I may actually wring Simon Cowell's neck watch me
- Aw! Cheryl Cole hugs pregnant Kimberley Walsh's stomach on 'emotional day' after baby news watch me