Princess Diana's ex bodyguard warns Prince Harry after naked pictures scandal: Next time it could be a gun instead of a camera
Former Metropolitan Police inspector Ken Wharfe, who looked after Harry's mum, can't believe that Harry, 27, invited girls he'd just met to his hotel room and didn't notice naked pictures of him had been taken.
‘This time it was a camera - next time it might be a gun,' says Ken, 64.
‘It's hard to tell the Royal Family what to do. But the one person who could have stopped Harry was his policeman.
‘I'd have told him it wasn't a good idea to have those women in his room - and I'd have banned mobile phones at the door.'
Yet the current Met Commissioner has refused to blame Harry's guards and wants the Prince to take responsibility for the embarrassing incident.
‘Royal protection officers are there to protect him for security reasons,' Bernard Hogan-Howe tells The Sun.
‘They are not there to regulate his life.'
Snaps of Harry in the buff emerged on a US website following his wild holiday in Las Vegas, but British newspapers were warned by St James's Palace not to publish them as it would constitute an intrusion into his privacy.
The royals have refused to comment on the pictures, but Harry looks set to face the music after returning to the UK on Wednesday.