Sienna Miller: Phone hackers made me think my loved ones had betrayed me
Sienna Miller was driven to wrongly accuse loved ones of betraying her to the press after the News Of The World repeatedly hacked her phone, the inquiry into media ethics heard yesterday.
The 29-year-old actress says she could find no other explanation for how the now defunct Sunday tabloid had discovered details about her private life.
'I accused my friends and family of selling stories and they accused each other as well,' Sienna explained.
'I feel terrible that I would even consider accusing people of betraying me like that, especially being people who I know would rather die than betray me.
'But it just seemed so entirely paranoid to assume your house is being bugged or you're being listened to.'
The Alfie star - who rose to fame during a high-profile relationship with Jude Law - also says she was left terrified by paparazzi who constantly harassed her until she took out an injunction in 2008.
'I was 21 and I would find myself at midnight running down a dark street on my own with ten big men chasing me,' Sienna told the Leveson Inquiry.
'The fact they had cameras meant that was legal, but if you take away the cameras you have a pack of men chasing a woman and that's obviously a very intimidating situation.'
Sienna formally settled for £100,000 in damages earlier this year for her phone-hacking ordeal.