WEDDING PANIC! Kate Middleton will have to learn about Royal protocol fast
Right after her engagement press conference, Kate Middleton let out a huge sigh of relief, groaning: ‘I'm no good at this'.
And now the 28-year-old faces months of swotting up on Royal etiquette to avoid embarrassing herself when she marries Prince William on 29 April.
Here's a list of protocol Kate will have to learn:
- Greet the Queen as ‘Your Majesty', then as ‘Ma'am'. And no kissing or touching.
- When drinking tea, raise the cup only and leave the saucer on the table.
- Never turn your back to the Queen and don't speak unless spoken to.
- Always give the Queen a gift when you see her and when eating with the Queen, stop after she takes her last bite.
- Avoid high hemlines, especially when kneeling down to children.
And we thought planning the wedding would be stressful.
To read more about Kate Middleton, see Now magazine dated 6 Decmber 2010 - out now!