Cheryl Cole rocks sexy bouffant hair for Diamond Jubilee concert
With a little time and effort, you can achieve Cheryl's voluminous pony by following the steps below:
1. First, work a texturising spray or creme, such as Bumble And Bumble's BB Texture (Un)Dressing Creme, £21.50, or L'Oréal Professionel Tecni Art Constructor, £11, through hair. Then rough dry with a hairdryer for a beachy, tousled look.
2. Next, take the front section of your hair from temple to temple, about 2 and a half inches deep, and clip it out of the way. If you have a fringe or stray hairs, pin them out of the way for now.
3. Draw the sides of your hair back off your face. Keeping it as smooth as possible, put it in a ponytail with a band at the crown of your head. Let the back of your hair hang down loosely.
4. Backcomb the top section heavily, one small section at a time. Use hairspray on each section before and after you backcomb to give it extra hold.
5. Use a paddle brush to smooth the outer surface of this section. Draw it back to the crown while pushing it forward enough to form the quiff. Be careful not to untangle the backcombed hair during this process.